7 Virginia Law Schools Comparison
There are 7 ABA-accredited law schools in Virginia as of 2023. By school type, 3 law schools are public and 4 are private. University of Virginia School of Law
ranked first among Virginia law schools with #4 in overall law school ranking.
The below list summarizes the 2023 important law schools statistics for Virginia ABA-accredited law schools.
- The average LSAT Score of Virginia law schools is 163.
- The average GPA is 3.72.
- The average acceptance rate is 34.48%.
- The average yield (i.e. enrollment rate) is 33.44%.
- In public Virginia law schools, the 2024 average tuition & fees is $47,145 for state residents and $61,014 for out-of-state students.
- In private Virginia law schools, the 2024 average tuition & fees is $48,367.
- Total 5,009 students have attended Virginia law schools in 2023 and each school had 716 law school students in average.
- A total of 1,144 students have newly enrolled (first-time students) 2023 and , in average, a law school had 163 first-time students last year.
- Total 135 faculties have worked for Virginia law schools.
- The average bar exam pass rate is 87.53%.
List of Virginia Law Schools and Comparison
The following table lists 7 Virginia law schools with important statistics including tuition and LSAT scores. You can compare them with the information and sort the table by each column that you want. The ranking is for all ABA-accredited law school. It is computed based on a number of factors including the admission scores, number of faculties, bar pass rate, acceptance rate, and employment statistics.
Virginia Law Schools Comparison Table
|School||Ranking||Founded||2024 Tuition||Financial Aid||LSAT||GPA||Acceptance Rate||Yield||Bar Pass Rate||Population||Students to Faculty|
|University of Virginia School of LawPublicCharlottesville, VA||4||1826||$74,200||$25,000||171||3.94||12.88%||39.00%||95.36%||950||4 to 1|
|George Mason University School of LawPublicArlington, VA||25||1972||$42,798||$25,354||166||3.83||19.63%||38.31%||87.41%||837||3 to 1|
|Marshall-Wythe School of LawPublicWilliamsburg, VA||37||1779||$66,043||$25,000||165||3.75||46.01%||29.76%||93.90%||662||4 to 1|
|Washington and Lee University School of LawPrivateLexington, VA||47||1849||$55,550||$33,500||164||3.66||32.71%||17.64%||90.27%||376||4 to 1|
|University of Richmond School of LawPrivateUniversity of Richmond School of Law, VA||53||1870||$53,440||$30,000||163||3.75||33.67%||18.54%||76.38%||424||3 to 1|
|Regent University School of LawPrivateVirginia Beach, VA||66||1986||$41,496||$24,000||157||3.63||41.32%||49.35%||92.59%||844||6 to 1|
|Liberty University School of LawPrivateLynchburg, VA||107||2004||$42,981||$22,035||152||3.49||55.16%||41.50%||76.81%||916||27 to 1|